When you join Coates, you’re joining more than just Australia’s leading equipment hire provider. You’re joining an end-to-end solutions company spanning equipment rental, temporary works engineering, industrial shutdown management and safety training.
Proudly Australian-owned, Coates has a long history of supporting customers to deliver major projects, and an exciting future focused on transformation, innovation and growth. With over 1,500 employees in 150+ locations, we offer diverse and rewarding roles at our nationwide branches, state head offices and corporate office in Sydney.
About the role
As a Coates Trades Equipment Maintenance Coordinator at our Whyalla branch, you will be responsible for the cleaning and inspection tasks of equipment at the branch. This includes some minor repairs and adjustments and the use of test instruments. The role is responsible for the reporting of equipment damage and ensuring equipment is ready, fit for purpose and safe for hire. In addition, the Equipment Maintenance Coordinator is a supporting role to the workshop mechanics/electricians to enable them to focus on equipment repairs and more complex tasks.
A day in the life of an Equipment Maintenance Coordinator
• Demonstrate and contribute to Coates Safety First - Zero Harm safety culture by following all safety protocols.
• Check and control equipment (inbound & outbound) as it comes in and out of the yard inclusive of the spotting function.
• Order and monitor spare parts for workshop
• Perform basic inspection checks and minor repairs of equipment at the branch following the Coates Maintenance program.
• Assist in keeping workshop and service area clean, tidy and safe.
• Liaise and interact with customers as required; assist customers in loading and unloading of equipment; ensure high standards of customer service and interaction.
This role is perfect if you are mechanically minded, enjoy fixing equipment and a trade qualification is in your career plans. As well as having amazing customer service skills and a Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will have:
• Current drivers & forklift high risk license
• Good verbal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Intermediate computer skills, time management & organisational skills
• Be physically fit and knowledgeable about safety standards
• Mechanical equipment knowledge is desirable
• Familiarisation with Take 5’s and JSEA’s
Gaining an understanding of the equipment is vital to this role, as you will be called on to maintain up to date information on new equipment and conduct inspection tasks. You will manage a diverse range of customers (internal colleagues and external clients) and operate in a fast paced and challenging environment.
How we’ll reward you
As a Coates employee, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration
• Flexible working arrangements
• Purchased extra leave program
• Supportive and inclusive team culture
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation
As a responsible organisation, we’re on a journey to deliver on our people, planet and profit responsibilities. Our company values – Care deeply, Be our best, Customer-focused and One team – shape everything we do, while our Sustainability Strategy outlines key commitments including:
• Achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040
• Implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in 2022
• Improving gender representation and addressing unconscious bias
• Developing our future female leaders through an annual program
• Supporting our national charities and local communities through the Coates Foundation
To learn more, visit coates.com.au
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited by this opportunity, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Coates is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workforce for all employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Coates. Equipping you for anything.