The Crystal Brook community celebrated Christmas with a fabulous street party on Friday, December 13 where families and friends got together to share some Christmas fun.
There was entertainment for all ages with decorated bikes and a dunk tank where Port Pirie Regional Council mayor Leon Stephens and many other brave locals were dunked as part of the fun.
Roger Crouch thrilled youngsters with his popular train, there was a sausage sizzle, fabulous music from the Jukebox Boys, a demonstration by the local CFS and SA Ambulance, face painting and best of all - Father Christmas arrived and spent time with the delighted children.
Doughnuts from the Lions Club, ice cream from Golden North and great street stalls kept the crowd well-fed.
The Crystal Brook Australia Day Citizen of the Year was announced with local hockey legend Yvonne Tobin winning the prestigious award and Chloe Arbon winning the junior citizen of the year title.
The event of the year was the fabulous Brush with Art.
These winners will be presented with their awards at the Australia Day celebrations to be held on Sunday, January 26 in the Brook (see details in this month's Chronicle).
Winners of the Christmas lights were also announced at the street party:
- Best display general - Sheree and Mark Waters
- Best religious display - The Willochra Home
- Best lit small house and garden - Ellie Green
- Best lit large house and garden - Danni Hickey
- Best lit commercial/retail - Crystal Brook Crash and Auto
- Best novelty display - Corey, Ian and Judy Lambert
- Best newcomer display - Amanda Kittel