Speedsters have been put on notice as South Australia Police begin a four-day operation targeting dangerous drivers.
The operation, which started at 12am on Monday, February 24, aims to deter drivers from speeding, which is one of the major causes of fatalities and serious injuries of road users.
A similar operation held in November last year resulted in 960 detections across the state.
Officer in Charge of the Traffic Services Branch, Superintendent Robert Gray, said despite repeated warnings some motorists were still speeding.
"We want to catch people who are doing the wrong thing but the overall aim of this operation is to educate drivers about the dangers of speeding," he said.
"Over the course of this operation you can expect to see a large police presence on our roads, particularly in locations with the highest traffic volumes.
"We cannot stress enough that we need the help and cooperation of the community to reduce the number of lives lost on our roads."
Operation Safe Speed will end at 11.59pm on Thursday, February 27.